Life in Dallas/Fort Worth
- Housing costs in D/FW average 25% below the national average, and 82% below New York City.
- The Dallas Arts District is the largest contiguous urban arts district in the country, comprising 19 blocks and 68 acres.
- The D/FW Metroplex is the fourth largest metropolitan area in the nation with a population of just over 6.5 million.
- Texas does not have a state income tax
- With two major airports, and over 1,900 daily flights, residents can reach any domestic location in under 4 hours.
- Average minimum temperature is 55 degrees and the average maximum temperature is 76 degrees
The Dallas zoo is celebrating its 125th year and is the only zoo in Texas with koalas!